In this 6-week course we will explore the role of Cybersecurity within a healthcare delivery organization and identifies best practices for a robust Cybersecurity program. This course focuses on developing the core competencies of Cybersecurity, Privacy and Risk Management in identifying, protecting and defending mission critical Patient Information Systems and Medical Devices. It also discusses how leading healthcare organizations prepare for and respond to cyber-attacks.
By the end of this course, you’ll know how to:
- Explain the basic principles of cyber security in the framework of healthcare.
- Assess cyber security threats and risks within healthcare
- Identify cybersecurity mitigation tools and techniques within healthcare
- Discuss cyber security incident responses and business continuity plans within healthcare.
- Describe steps taken during and after cyber security incidents and forensic investigations within healthcare.
- Explain cyber security policy in the context of healthcare
The course is 6 weeks long. Each week we’ll create a consistent experience so you can easily manage your workload. While traditional face to face classes had you seated in a room for multiple hours, we recommend taking a short period each day to review materials, participate in the discussions, and engage with your instructor and colleagues. There will be a 1-hour live, virtual session each week where we’ll apply the knowledge learned in the self-directed materials using case studies and small group work.
In order to get the most value from this course, learners are expected to participate in and contribute to each week’s activities and homework assignments, as instructed in the modules.
This course will open: April 1, 2021
Live Sessions: Friday at 11:30 AM ET
First Live Session: Friday April 9th from 11:30 AM ET - 12:30 PM ET
This course will take approximately 18-24 hours, over the course of 6 weeks.
In order to obtain a Certificate of Completion, learners must obtain these 3 badges:
- Engage with Instructor Badge
- Requirements are based on live session attendance.
- Learner must attend 5 out of 6 live sessions to achieve this badge.
- Engage with Peers Badge
- Participate in 6 of the 6 Discussion Threads by contributing:
- One Major Post
- Creating and posting your own thread in that Module’s Discussion Forum
- One Minor Post
- One reply to a classmates’ thread
- Engage with Content Badge
- Complete all content in the modules