The Certified Healthcare Information Security Leader (CHISL) is a Strategic Executive who demonstrates dynamic, forward-thinking leadership with technical proficiency and tactical knowledge. Above all else, the CHISL is a Communicator both externally and internally to the organization. They lead networks of people managing the protection of networks on which the healthcare industry depends to deliver safe and efficient care. Each CHISL contributes to the overall protection of the Healthcare Infrastructure. The CHISL exam evaluates the prospect across the following Success Factors divided into 7 Domains of Knowledge.
Who is Eligible to participate in the CHISL program?
To participate in the CHISL program an individual must be a current AEHIS member in good standing. Once an individual meets the requirements of membership and becomes a member of AEHIS they are eligible to enter the CHISL program.
CHISL Candidate Requirements
- Be an active AEHIS member
- Complete a short application for program eligability
- Possess a baccalaureate degree or be enrolled in a baccalaureate program
- Complete the program enrollment form with program enrollment fee of $649 (This fee includes;
- CHISL application, study materials, practice exam and exam fees)
CHISL EXAM & RESOURCES
The CHISL examination consists of 125 multiple choice questions, including scenario-based and independent questions. The examination will be taken without the aid of study guides or other resources. The exam must be completed within 2.5 hours. The CHISL examination is offered at CHIME in-person events and online remote.
Exam Study Materials
Upon enrollment into the CHISL program you will receive a link to the CHISL exam study materials. These materials include the CHISL reading materials divided by domain, a CHISL practice exam and the CHISL blueprint.
CHISL certification status requirements:
- Successfully pass the Certified Healthcare Information Security Leader (CHISL) examination
- Have minimum three years of professional experience in a qualified healthcare information security position or equivalent role within the past six years*
- Complete *25 qualifying Continuing Education Units (CEUs) within the 24 months prior or 12 months after enrolling in the program (see CEU tab for additional information)
- Minimum half (12.5) coming from CHIME/AEHIS related events
- Attest to uphold the CHIME Professional Standards of Conduct
To maintain/renew your CHISL & CHISL-Eligible status:
- Continue your AEHIS membership in good standing.
- Complete 45 hours of Continuing Education Units (CEUs), of which 50% must be CHIME/AEHIS activities*+
- Submit renewal/maintenance fee of $199
- Adhere to the CHIME Professional Standards of Conduct
*In lieu of submitting CEUs, one may sit for the CHISL exam. If you have completed at least 80% of your CEUs within three years, you may apply for a six-month extension to complete the remaining credits.